As long as you use tomato sauce that contain Lycopene, your Pinoy food recipe will be healthy because this will help you prevent cancer deceases. Some ingredients on this Pinoy food recipe will also help your boost up energy for the day ahead.
• 1 small (1 k ) pork leg, sliced into serving portions
• 6 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 1 can (227 g) tomato sauce
• 1 red and 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
• 1 large size carrots, cubed
• 2 pcs. (300 g) sweet potato, cut into chunks and fried
• 1 laurel leaf
1. Clean pork leg thoroughly. Boil in 3 cups water for 50 mins. (pressure cooker : 15 minutes)
2. Saute garlic and onions in 1 tbsp. oil. Add pata, reserved broth, laurel leaf and tomato sauce. Season with ¾ tsp rock salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add bell pepper and carrots. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir in sweet potato just before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Fish and Beef and be used instead of Pork Leg.
That’s the end of the Pinoy food recipe. If will be the one to choose, I’ll prefer to use beef as the main ingredient for this amazing Pinoy food recipe. I would tenderize my meat instead of pressure cooking it. It’s because I prefer to eat medium rare meat to absorb more of its vitamin and maintain the goodness of its taste.
For more updates on Pinoy Food 201 blog, you may visit this site regularly or subscribe to get automatically sent email updates. If you want to have more Pinoy food recipes, try suggestions below:
Photo by: Joan Journal