1 1/2 lbs pig’s lungs, boiled in lemon grass and pandan leaves until tender and minced
1 lb pig’s heart, boiled in lemon grass and pandan leaves until tender and minced
1/2 cup annatto seeds diluted in 1 cup of water
1 small carrot, minced (optional)
4 to 6 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons bird’s eye chili, minced
2 tablespoons ginger, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 to 4 pieces dried bay leaves
1 cup water
3 tablespoons cooking oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a frying pan or wok and pour-in cooking oil.
2. Sauté ginger, garlic, and onion.
3. Add the bird’s eye chili and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Put-in the minced pig’s lungs and heart then cook for 3 to 5 minutes while stirring once in a while.
5. Pour in annatto water (water from the diluted annatto seeds) and stir.
6. Add the dried bay leaves and pour-in 1 cup of water. Simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until almost all the liquid evaporates.
7. Put-in the minced carrots and stir. Simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Season with salt, and ground black pepper then stir.
9. Pour-in the vinegar and cook for 8 to 10 minutes more under medium heat.
10. Turn-off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
11. Serve. Share and enjoy!
Note: If you want your bopis to taste meatier, try adding 1 beef or pork cube in step 5.
For more Pinoy Food recipes, you may try looking at them below. If you want to get updates, subscribe to Pinoy Food 201 Blog: Subscribe.
- Sweet and Sour Pork - Pinoy Food Recipe
- Pork Barbeque - Pinoy Food Recipe
- Pork Steak - Pinoy Food Recipe
Photo by: Esend Food