• 1 large pork leg (pata), sliced
• 2 cups vinegar
• 4 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 cups water
• 1 head garlic, minced
• 1 piece laurel leaf
• 12 whole peppercorns
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 cup dried banana blossom (actually dried lily buds)
• sprigs of dried oregano
• salt to taste
• MSG or vetsin (optional)
1. Place the pork leg pieces in a casserole together with the vinegar, water, garlic, peppercorns, laurel and oregano.
2. Place casserole over medium heat and simmer for 1 hour or until tender. (Alternatively, you can also pressure cook for 15 minutes)
3. Add the soy sauce, sugar and banana flower and continue simmering until the sweet-sour broth thickens.
4. Add salt and MSG to taste, if desired.
5. Serve hot with rice.
We seldom use MSG to taste our food. But it’s up to you if you want to use it. We usually use Magic Sarap to taste our food. And you know that Magic Sarap sometimes makes our Pinoy food recipes tastier than usual.
To grab more recipes in your email, subscribe to Pinoy Food 201 blog. And if you don’t, just visit often for more updates. Below are some amazing Pinoy food recipes that you should probably try.
- Bicol Express - Pinoy Food Recipe
- Pork Nilaga 2 - Pinoy Food Recipe
- Pork and Chicken Adobo - Pinoy Food Recipe
Photo by: The Cook Mobile