Saturday, January 14, 2012
Pinakbet Recipe by Forums Fourtitude - Filipino Free Recipes
Estimated cooking time: 35 minutes
* 1/4 kilo pork with fat, cut into small pieces
* 2 Amapalya (bitter melons) sliced to bite size pieces
* 2 eggplants, sliced to bite size pieces
* 5 pieces of okra, cut in two
* 1 head garlic, minced
* 2 onions, diced
* 5 tomatoes, sliced
* 1 tablespoon of ginger, crushed and sliced
* 4 tablespoons bagoong isda or bagoong alamang
* 3 tablespoons of oil
* 1 1/2 cup water
* Salt and pepper to taste
Pakbet Cooking Instructions:
* In a cooking pan, heat oil and fry the pork until brown, remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
* On the same pan, saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
* In a casserole, boil water and add bagoong.
* Add the pork in the casserole and mix in the sautéed garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
* Add in all the vegetables and cook until the vegetables are done, careful not to overcook.
* Salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve hot with plain rice.
Pinakbet Recipe by: http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?4341735-Pakbet-or-Pinakbet-Recipe