Friday, January 13, 2012
Pinakbet Recipe by Family Oven - Filipino Free Recipes
1/2 lb. pork, sliced
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 squash, cubed
2 cups sliced okra
2 cups 1-1/2 inch long cut sitaw (yard long beans)
2 eggplants, sliced
1 ampalaya (bitter gourd and/or bitter melon), sliced
1 to 1-1/2 cup water
2 to 3 tbsp. bagoong alamang (salted shrimp paste)
1. In a large, deep skillet (or casserole), heat oil over medium heat. Cook pork until it turns slightly brown.
2. Stir in garlic, onions and tomatoes. Saut? for a few minutes until tomatoes wilted.
3. Add squash and okra, stir-fry for a minute or two and then add the rest of the vegetables. Gently stir to combine.
4. Pour in water and add the bagoong alamang, and bring to a boil.
5. Lower the heat and simmer covered over low heat until vegetables are tender. Be sure not to overcook it. You may wish to correct the taste by adding a little bit of bagoong alamang. Gently stir to blend.
6. Immediately remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.
Pinakbet Recipe by: http://www.familyoven.com/recipe/pinakbet/306317