Slow Cooked Beef By Zesty Cook


Happy Tuesday!  I wanted to share with everyone an amazing roast beef that I cooked the other day.  Talk about tender!  When I got home and walked in the kitchen I was smiling from ear to ear – can you really beat the slow cooker for beef?  I braised this piece of meat for 10 hours on low in the slow cooker while at the office.  I prepped the meat around 7:00am just after breakfast and set the dial to low and let it go…



To go alongside the beef, I cooked some jasmine rice with roasted tomatoes and mushrooms.


Overall the meal was quite tasty and very tender.  So tender in fact that it was almost falling apart.

Ingredients

1 beef roast (about 4lbs)
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup red wine
12 button mushrooms
6 large cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
Dried thyme
Method

It does not really get any easier than this.

In a large pan set to medium high brown meat with olive oil and sear on all sides until carmelized
Place meat in slow cooker (trim or remove any extra fat off the meat).
Add mushrooms, garlic and tomatoes.
Add salt and pepper.
Add wine and chicken stock.
Toss in the dried thyme.
Cover and set on to LOW.
Cook for at least 8 hours.
Remove meat and vegetables and transfer sauce to pan.
Bring sauce to a boil and reduce.
Add 1 tbsp. cornstarch to 2 tbsp. Cold Water and mix in a bowl.
Add mixture to sauce pan.
Bring to a boil and let thicken.
Carve meat , drizzle with sauce.


ENJOY!
Zesty Tip: When cooking with a slow cooker, it is really important not too add too much liquid as the covered lid will generate enough steam.  After the food is cooked, transfer the sauce to a pan and create a delicious gravy.

Question of the day:  What is your favorite protein? I am so flexible that I will eat almost anything but I do have to say… I am definitely a red meat lover.  I would love to hear your favorite.

Have a great Tuesday.

Take care

zesty

Source: http://zestycook.com/melt-in-your-mouth-beef/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Do The 28 Day Keto Diet Now

Homemade Tocino Recipe For Every Juan

Thai Beef Stew By Men's Health