Monday, December 12, 2011
Korean Beef Stew By Yummy As Can Be
I thought this is a difficult dish but I was wrong. I got the recipe from Food.com. Try it and I’m sure your family will love it.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 kg beef spareribs
1 head garlic, head crushed
1 large onion, sliced
2 tablespoons gingerroot, julienned
1/2 cup soy sauce, kikoman soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon Chinese wine
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce, Lee Kum Kee brand
3 1/2 cups hot water
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 bunch leek, chopped to 2 inches
1) Heat large casserole and saute ginger in oil.
2) Add the onions till soft then the garlic.
3) Stir well till fragrant.
4) Dump in the beef spareribs and stir fry till beef changes color.
5) In a large bowl, mix soy, sugar, wine,sesame oil, chili garlic sauce and hot water.
6) Mix till well blended.
7) Pour to beef.
8) Let simmer on low fire for 1 hour till 1 1/2 hours.
9) Add in toasted sesame seeds and chopped leeks last 10 minutes of cooking.
10) Serve on top of piping hot rice.