Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Korean Beef Stew By Robin Castro
Kimchi's Korean Beef Stew
2 lbs beef(1 lb lean and 1lb beef shanks or short ribs)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice wine
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 head crushed garlic
1 onion head
1 Tbsp Ginger, crushed
1 cup green onions, sliced
red chili flakes
1. Combine the first 8 ingredients. Marinate beef overnight.
2. Heat oil and sear marinated beef.
3. Pour marinade. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add enough water just to submerge beef.
5. Simmer over low heat (about 2 hours) until tender or pressure cook for 45 minutes.
6. Season to taste with sugar, salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
7. Garnish with green onions, sesame oil, toasted sesame seed.
8. Serve with steamed rice, sauteed bean sprouts and kimchi.