Korean Beef Stew By Dreaming Of Dinner


KIMCHI was one of my favorite food spots growing up. They had a variety of branches in the main shopping malls all over the city. I didn't mind eating in the food court because the Korean Beef Stew was so good.

Beef short ribs is usually used for this dish. I used flank steak instead. I have this habit of buying a kilo of beef and throwing them into the pressure cooker so I can make a variety of dishes throughout the week.

This stash could have been nilagang baka or sinigang. But I suddenly got a craving for something saucy and spicy.

To make this, you'll need:
beef- I used flank steak
sesame oil
soy sauce
salt
cayenne pepper
garlic
onions
lemon
brown sugar
bean sprouts

To tenderize the meat, I cooked it in the pressure cooker for about an hour.

Fry some onions and garlic in sesame oil. Add the bean sprouts and heat them up for a bit. Set aside.

Using same pan, add more sesame oil then add the beef and soy sauce. Sprinkle some cayenne pepper and sugar. Thin the sauce for a bit by adding water and a squeeze of lemon.  Keep on tasting the sauce until you get the flavor you like.

You can top this off with spring onion.

Source: http://www.dreamingofdinner.com/2011/11/on-our-table-korean-beef-stew.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Do The 28 Day Keto Diet Now

Homemade Tocino Recipe For Every Juan

Thai Beef Stew By Men's Health