Friday, December 9, 2011
Japanese Beef Stew By The Food Notebook
Japanese Beef Stew
450g thinly sliced beef 4 medium thinly sliced onions
1 medium carrot thinly sliced oil
1 clove of garlic thinly sliced 240ml red wine
1tsp soy sauce 2 bay leaves
1tbsp dried thyme 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Green peas for garnish
4 cups of Beef Stock 440g Tinned Tomatoes
1tbsp Tomato paste 2tbsp butter
3tbsp flour Water
- Heat oil in frying pan and brown off beef strips. Add garlic and carrot.
- Add veggies into large cooking pot. Then add beef stock, tinned tomatoes, paste,bay leaves and thyme. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer until reduced by half.
- Add beef and continue to simmer.
- In frying pan melt butter and add flour stirring until clumpy and slightly browned.
- Add to stew along with left over ingredients.