Sunday, December 25, 2011
Chinese Beef Stew By Recipes Recipies
chinese Beef stew recipe ,Chineese Beef Stew
hinese Beef Stew Recipe
* 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
* 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1/2 cup chopped green onions
* 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 (14 1/4-ounce) can low-salt beef broth
* 2.5 cups water
* 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 3 tablespoon dry sherry
* 1 tablespoon Chile paste
* 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
* 2 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled turnips or potatoes (about 3/4 pound)
* 1.5 cups chopped carrots
* 1 tablespoon water
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1.5 cups fresh spinach per person dining that night
salt for seasoning
Method of cooking Chinese Beef stew recipe
1. Season with some salt.
2. Heat oil in the slow cooker pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
3. Brown the beef on all sides.
4. Add onions, ginger and garlic to pan; sauté 30 seconds.
5. Add the turnips and carrots.
6. Stir in broth, scraping pot to loosen browned bits.
7. Add the water and next 5 ingredients (water through cinnamon sticks), and bring to a boil.
8. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
9. Place slow cooker pot over the stove at medium heat.
10. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch.
11. Add to the beef mixture.
12. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
13. Add spinach; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted.
14. Discard the cinnamon sticks.
15. Serve this Chinese Beef Stew with rice noodles or egg noodles.