Adobo is basically the process of simmering meat in soy sauce and vinegar sauce. Spices such as onions and garlics are also involved in this cooking method. All of you might already be familiar with chicken adobo as chicken is the commonly used meat in preparing adobo. However, beef or cow meat can also be used in preparing this Filipino dish.
Just this month, I have invented my own beef adobo recipe. This recipe is best for people who love salty and slightly spicy foods.
Here is the list of ingredients that you need for your beef adobo:
½ kilo beef (preferably the rib part)
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup vinegar
1 red onion bulb (thinly sliced)
2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
Ginger (same size as the onion and thinly sliced)
5 red bell peppers
Cooking procedure for beef adobo:
1) Boil water in a large pot.
2) Add the beef and let it simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
3) Remove the pot from heat.
4) Heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan then sauté the garlic until golden brown. Add the onion and after three minutes, add the ginger. Sauté the spices again for three minutes.
5) Remove the beef from the broth and sauté it as well in frying pan together with the spices for five minutes.
6) Pour the beef broth in the frying pan then add the soy sauce, vinegar, and black pepper.
7) Let it simmer for around 20 minutes. Add the sliced red bell peppers five minutes prior to removing the beef adobo from heat. The red bell peppers will make your main dish smell really delicious.
After removing from heat, you can already serve your beef adobo in a platter and pair it with hot steamed rice. Bon appetit!
Free Pinoy Food Recipe by: http://favoritefilipinofoods.blogspot.com/2011/07/beef-adobo-new-way-of-having-filipino.html