Thai Eggplant Beef Stew By Mozemoua

aish! I am so full! Well not from this dish because I had made this dish the other day, but I am super full from the dinner I had made today! Instead of doing my homework I decided to spend all my time cooking, geeze another way for me to procrastinate! Sorry I didn’t do a recipe/picture thingy for the two yummy dishes I cooked for dinner but when I make them again, I’ll photograph it and do a recipe post for it.
Anyways, this is one of my favorite dish and one of the dishes that does take a while to make. When I was making this dish the other day, I didn’t photograph all the ingredients so I’ll just have to make a list of all the ingredients for this recipe.
You’ll need::
Beef, cut into bite size
Cow Skin, thinly slice long wise, about an inch long (but I couldn’t find any so I went without it)
Eggplants, cut them thinly, I like to peel them in a pattern like so it’ll be white,purple, white, purple…
Thai Eggplants, cut into 6 even piece per Thai eggplant
Asian Shallot, I like to cut them long wise
Cilantro, roughly chopped
Green onion, roughly chopped
Basil, I like to just through a few piece of basil when it’s almost done for taste
Mint, I like to just through a few piece of mint when it’s almost done for taste
Lemon Grass, first item you put into the stew
Salt, add the salt while the beef is cooking
Boil your beef and cow skin into a large pot with lots of water, depending on how much you are making and how high your stove is, you may want to cook the beef and cow skin for about 2-3 hours, you really want it really tender. When I cook it with our regular stove, it normally takes me about 3-4 hours, but when I cook it with the propane stove outside, it takes me maybe an hour a little over an our. Make sure you constantly add water into the boiling pot so the water wont run dry. Once your beef and cow skin is very tender you add the lemon grass and let it cook for a bit then add the eggplants, let the eggplants get a little soft then add the Thai eggplants. Let it cook for a few minutes then add the Asian Shallot and let it cook again. Then a add the mint and basil into the pot for taste, don’t add too much, I normally just wash the whole stalk so I can trash it once the dish is cooked. Let the basil and mint cook for a bit then add the green onion and cilantro, stir it a bit then it’s ready to be serve.
Make sure your Thai Eggplant is not too soft although it is ideal to let your regular eggplant get really soft it’ll help gives it that creamy look.

Source: http://mozemoua.com/2010/05/19/thai-eggplant-beef-stew/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Do The 28 Day Keto Diet Now

Homemade Tocino Recipe For Every Juan

Thai Beef Stew By Men's Health