I need a really good Beef Stew recipe?
I want to do it on the stove. Thanks for the help to any one that answers.
* 2 to 3 pounds lean beef, cut in small cubes
* 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 pinch thyme
* 1 dozen baby carrots, or 4 to 6 small carrots, sliced
* 3 large potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes
* 8 ounces small white boiling onions, fresh peeled or frozen
Brown beef in a skillet in butter or oil. Add water to cover; add seasonings. Simmer, covered, about 2 hours. Add vegetables and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes longer.