Saturday, October 29, 2011
Beef Caldereta of Toronto Filipino
* 1 Kg Beef brisket (cut into 1.5″ cubes)
* 1 pouch Mama Sita’s caldereta mix
* 1 cup potatoes (cut into serving portions)
* 1 cup carrots (cut into serving portions)
* 1 red bell pepper (cut into 1.5″ triangles)
* 2 cups of water
* 1/5 cup of green peas
* 1 tbsp of cooking oil
Caldereta Recipe Cooking Instructions:
* Heat cooking oil
* Pan-fry meat in oil until golden brown
* Add water, bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until meat is tender
* Add Mama Sita’s Caldereta mix and stir.
* Add the potatoes and carrots. stir and let simmer.
* Add the rest of the vegetables. Cook until done.
* Serve and enjoy
Caldereta Recipe Cooking Tips:
* While the meat is cooking, if it becomes too dry and water evaporates too quickly, add a little more water