Saturday, October 29, 2011
Beef Caldereta Of Philipinoy
2 lbs beef, cubed
3-4 cups water
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 cup bell peppers, cut into strips
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup tomato paste
2/3 cup liver, spread
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (optional) 3 large bay leaves
3 medium potatoes, sliced
2 medium carrots, sliced
salt and pepper
How to Prepare Beef Caldereta
1. Boil the beef until tender, in the water to make a nice beef broth.
2. Add pineapple juice and onion.
3. In a separate pan sauté garlic until almost brown.
4. Add to beef and broth.
5. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and allow to simmer for ten minutes.
6. Add bay leaves, bell pepper, carrots, and potatoes.
7. Simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, then add cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add optional Tabasco sauce.
9. Cook until cheese is melted, stir.
10. Remove bay leaves.
11. Add water if the mixture is too thick.
12. Serve hot on individual servings of a bed of cooked rice.