Dinuguan is one of the most popular Pinoy foods here in the Philippines. It is also one of the most served dishes in the Filipino's dining tables. This pinoy food is best served with Puto (Filipino rice cake). And this Pinoy food is also an ideal food for Mirienda.
If you haven't tasted this Pinoy food yet, you better grab a recipe of this and cook it. Below is one of the most accurate recipe on cooking this Pinoy food Dinuguan.
Ingredients:1/2 kilo pork
1/4 kilo pork liver, diced
1 cup pig’s blood, frozen
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tbsp patis
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
3 jalapeno peppers
1/4 tsp oregano (optional)
1. Put pork in a saucepan and cover with water. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Remove from broth and dice. Save broth (about 1 1/2 cups) for later use.
2. Heat oil in a separate saucepan, then saute onion and garlic. Add diced pork, liver, salt and patis.
3. Put in vinegar and cover the pan. Let boil but do not stir. Redude heat, then simmer uncovered to let most of the liquid evaporate.
4. Add broth used in Step 1 and simmer for about 10 minutes. Pur in blood and sugar. Cook until the mixture is thick. Stir continuously to prevent the mixture from clotting.
5. Add jalapeno peppers and oregano. Cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
If you like this Pinoy Food, you may also like Bicol Express - Pinoy Food.
Recipe by: Lutong Pinoy
Photo by: georgeparrilla