Pork Mechado is a popular food here in the Philippines. Nowadays, this dish is more healthy than ever because of the latest version of the Del Monte tomato sauce. It now has Lycopene added so it is now a heart friendly ingredient that must be added to the Pork Mechado recipe. Lycopene can reduce the risk of having cancer, prevents skin aging, may also prevent osteoporosis and can assist fertility problems for men.
Pinoy always love pork. That's why Pinoy should be picky on choosing the right ingredients mixed on the Pork dish that they cook. Pork Mechado is a very good when it was cooked very well. Here in the Philippines, it's one of the dishes added in the Filipino's weekly menu. Let me share you a great recipe for this Pinoy food. Below is the recipe.
2 tbsp of margarine or olive oil
3 cloves of garlic that has been crushed
1/3 tsp of salt
1 onion that has been sliced
4 oz of tomato sauce
3 tomatoes sliced into small pieces
3 potatoes sliced into four pieces each
2 small carrots cut into cubes
2 red bell peppers sliced into pieces where it is 2 to 3 inches long
½ cup of water
18 oz of pork
Procedure:1. Set your stove to a medium setting. Get a pan and preheat it for a couple of minutes.
2. When the pan has already been heated, put in the 2 tbsp of margarine or olive oil and wait another couple of minutes.
3. After you have done that, add in the crushed garlic. Saute the garlic and you will know it is finished when it turns a golden brown color.
4. When you are finished with that, add in the sliced onions and saute those as well for a couple of minutes with the garlic that is already in the pan.
5. Next you will want to put in the sliced tomatoes and saute them too for a few minutes.
6. After you have finished with that, put in the 18 oz of pork and saute it for a couple of minutes.
7. When the pork has been sautéed, put in the ½ cup of water, sliced potatoes, carrots and red bell peppers to the pan. Now let everything simmer for about 15 minutes.
8. After you have left all the ingredients for 15 minutes, put in the 4 oz of tomato sauce as well as the 1/3 tsp of salt to taste. Leave it until all the ingredients have fully cooked. When you have done that, it is finished and is ready to be served!
Recipe by: bb42
Photo by: dbgg1979